Thursday, February 22, 2007

Happy Birthday Chloe!

Today my little girl turns 7 years old. How quickly she's grown!

Everyone's birth is memorable, but Chloe made an especially vivid entrance 7 years ago. First of all, she arrived 5 minutes before the midwife did; we were doing a home birth and it was a VERY quick labor. I therefore had the unexpected joy of delivering Chloe myself (well, her mom had a role in the process too, I suppose), right in the middle of our living room floor. When Chloe's little head made its way out of the birth canal, her face was purple (!) and I quickly realized that the umbilical cord was wrapped rather tightly around her neck. Trying, with only limited success, not to panic, I made a little impromptu adjustment (I believe the technical term is "winging it") and she came out just fine with the next contraction. Then followed the eerie alignment of digits. Date of birth: 2/22/2000. Time of birth: 2:22am. Length: 20 inches. Weight: 122 ounces. Can you guess what her lucky number is??

By the way, at 2:22am on 2/22/22, Chloe turns 22 and you're all invited to the party.

1 comment:

The Road Runner said...

Happy birthday Chloe! (From your uncle Chris)