Wednesday, August 27, 2008

From the "Don't Believe Everything You Read" Department...

Apparently I have, unbeknownst to me, figured out the solution to homelessness in Charlottesville. From "The Rant" section of this week's C-Ville Weekly:

Yes. My rant is about our mayor, who is also executive director [unintelligible] is going around offering the homeless people bus tickets to anywhere they want with the condition they don't come back to Charlottesville. I feel that this is a bunch of crap that he's doing and it needs to stop. If he's so high and mighty, trying to help the homeless, he needs to put more investment into trying to get them off the street than sending them away to other places.

The sad thing is that, while there's no truth to this rumor, a high-ranking City official actually did propose this course of action just a few years ago, as I mentioned in an earlier post on this blog. If ending homelessness were only that easy....

And now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to get back to outlawing plastic bags and subverting U.S. foreign policy.

No comments: